Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Batik Dot Messenger Bag with Knitted Outside Pocket with Crocheted Octopus



This is one of those projects that came to me in a series of small inspirations. First I was going to decorate a pre-made canvas lunch bag. So I knitted the pocket and improvised a crocheted octopus for the pocket. It just was not working out, the lunch bag could not live up to the cuteness of its own pocket. So then I thought I might make a tote for it, then I remembered the dot batik fabric which matched the pocket perfectly with its ocean-y color and bubble goodness. Then I remembered the messenger bag pattern I had and it all came together. I so want to keep it! But more than that I need to sell something! I can make another, or several, eventually I'll get one, lol. The fabric is really special and handmade, not printed (but it is store bought.) I did all the knitting, crocheting and sewing myself.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/71623004/batik-messenger-bag-with-crochet-octopus

No comments: