Thursday, June 12, 2008

Silk Sketch Set



We just got back from a camping trip near Big Sur. It was great fun! I picked up a sketch pad to capture some of the amazing views there. I also found a ball of yarn made in Nepal from recycled silk (they have some hippie shops there :)). It is a really beautiful yarn and when you look at it you can picture the people who once wore the beautiful silk clothing that went into the yarn. But what should I make from it? One day on the trip I wanted to bring my sketch pad down to the beach and ended up having to put my pencil and eraser in my back pocket, which was not ideal. So I came up with a solution to both problems. I crocheted a pencil and eraser holder that ties onto your sketch pad.

4 comments:

CheriF said...

Quick thinking girlfriend! =] I love the different yarns you're using. I just bought a crochet book thinking I might get back into it. I'm not entirely sure I can with the CTS though. And I was shocked at how much yarn was...and I was looking at crappy yarn. =\

tada said...

Cherif, I suggest that you check out knitpicks.com for less expensive yarns. You can get some uncrappy yarns there for decent prices. I've had good experiences ordering from them. Mind you, you can still go broke buying yarn there, but you'll get a bit more for your money. :)

Patrick said...

post your sketches if you can

Unknown said...

Unfortunately I never finished any sketches on this trip. I guess we were too busy and we spent a lot of time keeping an eye on J. I hope next time to get more time for sketching.